Monday, February 28, 2005

Random thoughts...
Music: Nightwish - 'Nemo'


'why deface yourself with all that metal?'

A question posed in the comments on the cam page. I guess I have never seen my piercings as 'defacing me' I guess I have never seen a nose and lip piercing as 'extreme'. It's something appeals to people or it doesn't and if it doesn't I can't imagine I will come up with any reasoning that will make sense or be acceptable.

To me there are many very individual reasons why people pierce. A cry for notice, to draw attention and feel less invisible. There are those for whom it is the opposite, a device to push people/attention away, to set out to look aggressive and unaproachable and then there are those for whom it is an aesthetic, or a spiritual, personal expression of self or individuality. And yes I can already hear the groans at that statement, but for some every tattoo, every piercing does mean something, stands for soemthing to that person and therefore among those who pierce because it's cool' or they want to look 'hard' that makes them and their body modifications very personal, unique and individual indeed among the flock of trendy sameness.

(somehow I feel compelled to reiterate this is just my thoughts and opinion on the subject, after all I can hardley speak for the rational of every person who amkes the decision to pierce or ink.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




+ me +

disclaimer
basics
loves/hates
music
daily reads

+ you +

blog archives
webcam 
past images
sign / view

+ wishing +

@ Amazon
@ Hot Topic
@ penn...

+ donations +



+ social +




+ listed +








+ i support +



+ contact +


 
+ cam +

md cam!
(enlarge)

+ currently +

lurking: online
date: March.27.09
mood: Low..
thinking: people....
drinking: coke zero
eating: nada
watching: Goth'N'Roll
reading: 21 Years Gone (Jack Osbourne)




CURRENT MOON


OCTOBER 2006
M T W T F S S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28
29
30 31
© mD 2001 - 2006. All words r belong to me!